3.05.2006

Blogger conversation after QHD

Before I go to bed, I want to say that Quaker Heritage Day was wonderful. Dinner at my house with Wess and Emily Daniels, Peggy Parsons, Marge Abbott, Max Hansen, and Chad Stephenson (and my kids) was terrific. QHD was all recorded and videotaped for future distribution. A couple of pictures of dinner folks were taken, but I don't have a digital camera, so I'll hope that one of the others will send me a link to theirs.

Good books, good ministry, good fellowship.

I still can't quite believe that I invited all these people over to my house and all we ate was take out pizza and salad. No pie! But it was more important to go to the gathering and not spend too much time fussing with food.

Here is a link to a photo! courtesy of Wess.

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz Opp said...

Yum! I'm hungry just reading about it. ...And there is much practical wisdom in keeping a meal simple. It all sounds wonderful!

Blessings,
Liz, The Good Raised Up

3/05/2006 2:48 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

I'm reflecting today that it was a kind of Martha and Mary balance.

For me at dinner, with tending to children and setting out dishes balanced against participating eagerly in the discussion.

And for Max, who said he only heard about half of the presentation because he was managing the filming with flaky cameras from the local public access station. Look for the broadcast of Quaker Heritage Day on Berkeley Public Television one day soon!

3/05/2006 4:57 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Thanks Robin! I read more than I comment, but I love hearing what's up out there.

3/06/2006 8:53 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

There will be more to say. In the meantime, Wess, Chad and Max all wrote about it on their blogs. While I have had to deal with a broken water heater, car brakes, and the usual family sagas that are not leaving enough time. Oh, and I'm not disciplined enough to make the time that really ought to be available.

3/06/2006 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home