8.29.2006

Tuesday morning comforts

This week, I have returned to thinking about my walks on the beach as a form of mental health treatment. Everything seems to be easier, to go more smoothly on the days that I actually get out of bed and go for a walk. And I like hearing my husband say, "You smell like fresh air," when he kisses me good-bye in the morning.

The last week before school starts again is turning out to be quite stressful, full of obligations I hadn't quite remembered, and leading to needing to be in three places at once for the first time in a long time.

So this morning, I went for a walk. It was cold, windy, foggy to the point of needing both windshield wipers and headlights. But I went. Down on the beach where the wind is fiercest. By the end, I felt relaxed. Refreshed. And then I had a cup of hot Irish tea with milk and sugar.

And then I read this post from Peggy on the Spiritual Discipline of Attendance.

Oh yeah. Amazing grace. Everything is going to be all right. Amen.

Labels:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

Blogger womiles said...

"...this morning, I went for a walk....Down on the beach where the wind is fiercest..."

which beach?

9/02/2006 7:24 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

It's called Ocean Beach - the Pacific Ocean, that is.

9/03/2006 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home