8.24.2007

FWCC Triennial Blog

In the absence of time to blog about what I'm doing, like sealing granite and packing for the Christian Friends Conference and refereeing fights about who gets to sit on the stairs to the new bunkbeds (Answer: nobody. It's not a place to play.), here is a link to the FWCC Triennial Blog. With pictures and youtube clips and transcripts of speeches, etc.

Did I mention that I was appointed an official representative of Pacific Yearly Meeting to the Friends World Committee for Consultation this summer at PYM's annual sessions? I was. This means I get to go to Indiana next April for the Section of the Americas annual meeting.

Watch this space next spring for news of a convergent dinner party in Indiana.

Labels:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz Opp said...

Good to hear from you, Robin. I've been wondering how it's been going, and I can only assume the answer: BUSY.

And now with the appointment as Pacific YM rep to FWCC, I suppose things will either stay busy or--*shock*--get busier.

Hmmm, Indiana isn't that far from Minnesota, y'know. What part of the state will it be in, do you know? Maybe at Earlham? ...I'll have to see if I can swing a visit with my best buddy from college who lives outside of Indianapolis around the same time, so I can make it to another CDP--Convergent Dinner Party. smile

Blessings,
Liz Opp, The Good Raised Up

8/27/2007 2:20 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

The conference center is north of Bloomington. Is that near Indianapolis?

I don't think that the FWCC thing is going to take up that much time, other than the trip itself. I'm supposed to serve on some committee, but I don't even know what my options are yet. It's a three year term, so I'm not in a hurry.

The other thing that I recently found out is going to happen is a Quakers Uniting In Publishing meeting at the end of April near Greensboro, North Carolina, on the theme of Publishing with Immediacy: Periodicals, Webpages and Blogs. I might be going to that too...

8/27/2007 4:43 PM  
Blogger Rebecca Sullivan said...

robin if you come to the publishing meeting you have to come see me at college.

8/31/2007 3:13 PM  
Blogger Palace of Leaves said...

Hi, Robin! Thanks for your poem on my blog. :-) You inspired me to write one too - it's about glorious naptime.

I've been reading Martha Dart's books about a Friend named Marjorie Sykes, and I wondered if there is still any connection to or awareness of Martha or Marjorie in Pacific Yearly Meeting. Are those names you've come across at all?

Martha was a member of Claremont MM.

9/04/2007 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home