6.06.2008

From 600 to zero in five minutes

Six hundred. 600. That would be the approximate number of unread posts in my Bloglines subscription as of this morning. I had no idea it had gotten that high.

So I just went through and clicked on them and they disappeared. I think I read about 10 posts in their entireties. This is my proof that I am not obsessed or addicted to Bloglines. I can just stop whenever I want to.

However, in retrospect, like 30 seconds later, I should have gone through and deleted the ones that I basically haven't read since I subscribed to them. But now they're all at zero, so it doesn't feel so urgent anymore. But I will next time.

92 feeds. That is too much for me. How many do you have?

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

8 Comments:

Blogger Gregg Koskela said...

96. And I always read yours. :)

6/06/2008 6:04 PM  
Blogger Chris M. said...

109. Me, too. :)

6/06/2008 11:07 PM  
Blogger Liz Opp said...

Hrumph. Only 26--that's 16 RSS feeds and 10 others in my bookmarks. I rely on the rest of you for the other 70-80 feeds. smile

Blessings,
Liz Opp, The Good Raised Up

6/07/2008 10:54 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

You three are all on my must-read list.

For my own list, I'm still at zero waiting posts, 24 hours later.

6/07/2008 11:09 PM  
Blogger Cat C-B (and/or Peter B) said...

74. 74 feeds! How did that happen?

It fluctuates, though. I find that, whenever I post something that draws a lot of comments, I wind up adding a lot of new feeds based on "meeting" new bloggers.

My "must read" list is a lot shorter. Though I zero out the other lists, I never do the Essential blogs list. (In fact, that's one way I know a blog belongs on that list--it's one I won't skip, even when I've been gone or busy for a while.)

Then there are the blogs that are so good I mostly wait until the weekend to read them, when I can linger with them over my morning coffee on a Saturday: A Silly Poor Gospel. The Good Raised Up. seams of a peculiar queer.

Mind you, I don't often miss this blog, either. :)

6/09/2008 7:25 PM  
Blogger kevin roberts said...

Zero, Robin.

I believe in manual transmissions.

6/09/2008 10:47 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Well, I cut my list down to 82 feeds, only about half of which write with any regularity, and only half of those do I consider must-reads.

I drive an automatic on these hills.

6/10/2008 1:18 AM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

One week later, and I'm still caught up with the bloglines.

This next week, my commitment to myself and my sanity is to stay off Facebook, at least for one week, maybe for the rest of the month.

6/13/2008 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home