4.20.2010

Fair Pay Day 2010

What would you do with a raise of $10,622 a year? Buy something special? Get better child care/health care/housing? Save for college or retirement?

I'd like to think I'd give more money away. But really, I'd probably save it for my kids' college fund. Since, you know, it would be good for them to have one.

But for a lot of women, it would make the difference between safe housing and scary housing. Or between cobbled together child care and a reliable spot in a licensed center. Or between going to the doctor and just praying your kid's cough gets better.

Did you know that the average gap in wages between men and women is $10,622? Me neither. That's why I read the newsletters from the National Women's Law Center. So I'll know and I can do something about it.

Labels:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home