11.27.2010

Thankful

This afternoon, I'm taking a moment to count my blessings. They include a dry shelter in the rain, hot running water in the pipes, really good cheese on the table, my fleece bathrobe and my beloved family. Even the one who woke me up at 5:00 this morning and then vomited on the living room carpet at 6.

They include watching Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer this morning and How to Train Your Dragon this afternoon. And the nap I took in between.

They include employment and health insurance and a retirement account.

They include the many friends I have made through this blog and the friends I've had since before I ever heard of blogs.

They include the gifts of Tamora Pierce, Ursula LeGuin, and Betty Crocker, all of whom have been consulted this holiday weekend.

And they include the repeated opportunities to take stock of what I want in life and how I think God is calling me to serve. Sometimes this feels like a burden and annoyance, but it may be the deepest of my blessings today.

Labels:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What is so lovely is the ordinariness of what you are thankful for; me, too.

12/04/2010 2:53 PM  
Blogger naturalmom said...

I'm late in commenting, but I love this. Thanks!

12/06/2010 9:08 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

It is helpful sometimes to be reminded of how good my ordinary life is. And because I've been writing a lot for work, I've had less energy to write here in the last few months. But in January I should have more time for my blog once again.

12/12/2010 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home