12.08.2005

Some folks say there are no coincidences

Alas, I wanted to write another post but instead I spent last night reading the book my seven year old son happened to bring home from the school library: Steal Away Home by Lois Ruby. A fictional account of a young American girl who finds a skeleton in a hidden room in her house in Leavenworth, Kansas and finds out that her house was a stop on the Underground Railroad, by reading the diary that was left by the Quaker woman who had lived there and sheltered the slave woman who died there.

Quite a coincidence in reading material, I think.

Mostly I read it just to keep up with what new ideas my son is getting into. And to be sure the book wasn't too mature for him. I could brag that he's such a good reader for his age, but in fact it means he is able to read things that aren't at all appropriate for his emotional age. Another conundrum.

My reflections on the contradictions in my life, between what I know to be right and what I do, will have to wait.

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home