8.13.2012

This week in 2005...

This week marks the seventh anniversary of this blog. It started with a post entitled Perhaps, about how I was mistaken when I said that I would never write a blog, followed by some reflections on my attendance at Pacific Yearly Meeting.

Some time in the next month, it will, God-willing and the software not failing, have its 100,000th visitor.

I'm still amazed at how relevant, productive and respectful the comments usually are. I have learned so much from Friends who have commented on my blog and I am grateful to have met many of them in person over the years. Here's a couple of examples where the comments are way more interesting than my original post: A New Kind of Christian and especially this one: Two Convergent Events in California.

A Friend from San Francisco likes to tell the story about how, when we were working together around the year 2001, I was reading a lot of serious Quaker stuff and getting some of my outward life in order. I would say things like "I don't know what I'm preparing for, but I feel like I'm plowing the ground so I'll be ready for planting."

To carry that metaphor forward, I think that Quaker blogs planted a lot of seeds in my life. San Francisco Monthly Meeting fertilized and weeded for many years. The Holy Spirit has watered, gently at times and in torrents some times. The Friends World Committee is now harvesting a crop of fruit.

I have learned a lot about writing from this blog. Thank you for still reading even though I don't write as often in this phase of my life.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

5 Comments:

Blogger cubbie said...

i was just thinking about your blog (and chris's) and how important they were to me when i was first starting out and how i still check them often to see if i've missed anything, and i'm always so pleased when there's something new. thank you for your words when you have the time, energy, etc. to share them.

8/14/2012 12:20 AM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Hey cubbie, thanks for the comment and for the sweet note in the mail. I am also pleased when there's something new on your blog!

Robin

8/16/2012 9:52 AM  
Blogger Jnana Hodson said...

Congratulations on sticking with it. And may our open discourses on our Quaker experience and legacy invite others to worship and practice with us.

8/18/2012 10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always an instructive and godly exercise to read your blog; often, too, deeply moving. Thank you for keeping it open to allies as well as Friends.

8/18/2012 7:12 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Dear Jnana and Anonymous, thanks for your comments too. I'm always glad that my "learning out loud" is useful for others.

8/18/2012 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home