7.11.2006

We're home!

After nine days of travel, we're finally home again. We've slept in our own beds, the suitcases are unpacked, most of the laundry is done. We still haven't had the old-fashioned film developed, but maybe tomorrow. Unfortunately, being home also means we're back in the fog belt, after nine days of the Northwest's most beautiful weather.

I had nine days without email, but I've now caught up with most of the unread posts on my Bloglines subscription. Yesterday, Dan McCracken asked me how I find time to read other people's blogs as well as write my own. The main thing, I said, is by neglecting my own writing. However, I also explained QuakerQuaker.org to him and Kathy over lunch, and I hope encouraged them both to use it more.

I have a lot to process this week. Pray with me that my children enjoy their activities so that I can focus more on my writing.

Labels:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

6 Comments:

Blogger kathy said...

Robin - I'm so glad you chose to come to Newberg. What a pleasure. Glad you're home safe and sound. Over lunch I meant to ask you which Douglas Steere publication you found the stages of worship in but forgot as the conversation went along. Will you email me with the title? Any time you want to recommend a good read, please do!!

7/11/2006 10:16 AM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Kathy, your kind welcoming of our whole family was an great example of good hospitality. From organizing an impromptu lunch for 12 to discussing Quaker faith and blogging practice with Chris and I to searching for frogs in the lake with Henry and Silas - you did it all with grace. Thank you.

The Douglas V. Steere pamphlet is called "Where Words Come From: An Interpretation of the ground and practice of Quaker worship and ministry" published by Quaker Home Service, originally in 1955, but reprinted in 1985.

7/11/2006 11:40 AM  
Blogger Gregg Koskela said...

I'm glad you're home, too, and as I pray for you to have time to write, I'll include that prayer for myself, too!

Thanks again.

7/11/2006 6:22 PM  
Blogger Liz Opp said...

Wow, Robin, you've actually unpacked your suitcases already?!? smile

I unpacked ONE right away... because the friends who loaned it to us needed it back!

I have halfway unpacked my backpack... but the two cargo duffles and large wheeled suitcase remain zipped and packed. Not sure when I'll get to putting things away. Maybe after I catch up on blog-reading!

What a joy to have met you and Chris face-to-face last week. And by the tone of these comments, you clearly are part of where the Spirit is blowing.

Blessings,
Liz, The Good Raised Up

7/11/2006 8:10 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Welcome home! From the sounds of things, it was a worthy trip. Rest up. -Rob

7/11/2006 9:10 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Liz, unpacking suitcases right away is not really in my nature - it's a concession to my beloved spouse. I am getting better at it.

It was fun to see you across the gymnasium in the opening plenary when people were standing up as their yearly meetings were called. I saw you stand up when they called Northern and I could tell you were looking for us when they called Pacific. I hope we will have many chances to talk in person again

Gregg, I sure hope you will find time to write as well. You are an inspiration to me.

Rob - I'm still all excited from the trip. I can't rest - I have to write! Maybe once I get this all poured out of my pen, then I will sleep better.

7/12/2006 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home