9.24.2007

Extra Special Opportunities for Worship in SF

1) This Sunday, September 30, 2007, 9:30 am until 12:00 noon. 65 Ninth Street, between Market and Mission, near Civic Center BART. Here's my report on our last Extended Meeting for Worship at San Francisco Monthly Meeting. This is an amazing opportunity to go deeper in listening to that still, small voice. For more information on longer worship, you can read Marcelle Martin's Pendle Hill Pamphlet, Invitation to a Deeper Communion.

2) The following Sunday, October 7, 2007 at 10:00 am. On my blanket at the free Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival, in Golden Gate Park, in front of the Banjo Stage. After last year, I said to myself, "I'm not missing Hazel Dickens again!" The first act starts at 11:20, Hazel Dickens is at 12:20. This will be an opportunity to practice finding stillness within, with all the festival set-up continuing around us. Plus we'll have great seats for Earl Scruggs, Doc Watson, and Emmylou Harris. I'm planning to bring my kids, some Legos, and some little flyers about meeting for worship to give any visitors who want to join us. Bring your friends and a blanket to share!

ALL ARE WELCOME!

Labels: , , ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris M. said...

Re: 1) I call it "Extreme Quakerism!" That should attract the under-25 crowd, for sure!

Re: 2) I look forward to joining you after the committee clerks' breakfast and teaching those few children who show up for Firstday School. (Sigh.)

-- Chris M.

9/25/2007 3:51 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Extreme Quakerism - I love it. It sounds much better than religious fanatics!

Sweetheart, there are sacrifices that come with any leadership role. I'm sorry that these conflict for you. :-(

9/25/2007 4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that almost sounds worth flying out to San Francisco for the week. Hey I just wanted to say "hi" again to let you know that the seeds you, Wess, Shawna and David planted at the FWCC workshop are taking root. I am giving a workshop on convergent friends at the midwest gathering this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration and I hope I do half as good a job as you all did.

9/26/2007 8:45 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Rachel - It's so good to hear from you! I heard that you were going to do this from Shawna Roberts, who is moving mountains to be able to get there too. Have fun, be faithful, and send me an email to tell me how it goes - there's a link in my blogger profile. I hope to see you next April in Indiana.

9/27/2007 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home