11.27.2007

What I'm Reading Now - Eleventh Month 2007

I admitted out loud today that the reason my blog has been heavy on the homemaking posts in the last few weeks is because I'm avoiding writing another religious essay that I'm afraid will be important for me. But that's okay, I've gotten a lot of other things done in this period of constructive procrastination.

Mostly, what I've been reading could be classified as comfort food.

Redwall by Brian Jacques
Meet The Austins by Madeleine L'Engle (why did nobody tell me about this when I was 12???)
Real Simple, October '07 issue
Oprah, October '07 issue
Guardians of Ga'Hoole, Books 1-4, by Kathryn Lasky
I Chronicles, Chapters 10-20
Kaiser Healthwise Handbook
Railroad Toad by Susan Schade & Jon Butler
The Diggingest Dog by Al Perkins (I dislike this book, but it is one my husband still has from when he was a little boy)
Testament of Devotion by Thomas Kelly
Eeny, Meeny, Miney Mole by Jane Yolen
Raising Yoder's Barn by Jane Yolen (I should write an entire post in honor of how much I love Jane Yolen's books!)
The Curious Demise of a Contrary Cat by Lynne Berry
"Principles of Good Practice for Boards and Every Trustee of Quaker Organizations" published by the Friends Council on Education
"Listening: A Tool for Caring Parents" by Patty Wipfler/Parents Leadership Institute
Come Down Now, Flying Cow by Timothy Roland
The Little House by Virginia Lee Burton
Raccoon on His Own by Jim Arnosky
California Probate Code
My Monastery is a Minivan by Denise Roy
American Bungalow, November '07 issue
Tacky the Penguin by Helen Lester

Labels:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

Blogger Will T said...

Robin,
The California Probate Code is comfort reading???? Oh my. Well you will be in my prayers.

:^)

Will T

11/28/2007 7:33 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Ok, I said most of it is comfort reading. Not all.

The C.P.C. is actually part of finishing up a long overdue project, so in some ways it is comforting to finally be getting on with it.

11/29/2007 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home