3.03.2008

New prayer for making dinner

Last month, I wrote about my search for a prayer for starting dinner. At that point, I simply wrote out my intentions and recited them as a prayer when I walked into the kitchen to start making dinner. It was too long and not very poetic. Half the time, I would forget to say them until I was already started. Rarely was I able to hold the prayerful intention through the whole period of cooking.

Last week, I came up with words I like better. I'm going to use this prayer for the next month, and see how it works.
Breathing in,
I am grateful.
Breathing out,
I am giving.
O Lord, hear my prayer

I am grateful to Thich Nhat Hanh and Rachel Findley for their assistance in my discernment process. I am still open to additional suggestions.

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home