for Friends Meetings and Organizations
March 5-7, 2010
with Connie Brookes, Jill Hoyenga,
Betsy Muench and Melissa Stoner
How can thoughtful financial management support Friends' testimonies of integrity and simplicity? From fundraising challenges to simply having an open conversation about how finances can better express Quaker values, we all labor to find rightly-ordered ways of working together on financial matters.
Among the topics to be covered in this program are:
- Fostering open conversations among Friends about money
- Setting up a bookkeeping system for a small meeting or organization
- Creating effective financial reports
- How to read and understand financial reports and use them in Friends' discernment processes
- Socially responsible investing
- Fundraising and the management of charitable gifts
- Managing uneven cash flows: the use of working capital
- Managing restricted funds: assuring appropriate use of special-purpose funds
To download the flyer and registration materials, click here. If you have questions about the program, the cost, the facilities, call Quaker Center at 831-336-8333 during regular business hours (Pacific Time).
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]