9.19.2010

Worship on the Grounds: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival 2010

The fourth annual (unofficial) meeting for worship on the grounds of the free Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in Golden Gate Park will be Sunday, October 3, 2010, at 10:00 am in front of the main stage, which in previous years was called the Banjo Stage. (If you’re standing there looking at the stage, there’s a little hill to the left. We’ll be near the top of that, and as close to the stage as I can get when I arrive.)

We’ll have an hour of unprogrammed worship. I’ll bring my blanket, my picnic basket and a bucket of Legos. If you don't know me, look for my dark blue SF Friends School sweatshirt. If you bring your blankets, we can stake out more room for the rest of the day. It will be elbow to elbow people by noon. Food is available at the festival.

EDITED 9/28/10:
The exact lineup for Sunday has just been announced, and the Banjo Stage will feature Hazel Dickens, Emmylou Harris, the Del McCoury band, Earl Scruggs and Doc Watson. More details about the festival at http://www.strictlybluegrass.com/.

You can read all about the previous meetings on the grounds on my blog.

Labels: , ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

Anonymous Neil Fullagar said...

Announcing that you're wearing a dark blue sweatshirt should help ensure temps in the 80s!

I expect to be there.

9/19/2010 9:11 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

It's worked the last two years in a row...

If it's too hot to wear the sweatshirt, I'll lay it over the cooler in plain sight.

I look forward to seeing you there!

9/19/2010 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home