10.03.2007

More local news








This is a picture of me (on the right) at last Thursday's vigil at the SF Federal Building at Golden Gate and Larkin. Friends have been vigiling there every Thursday at noon since October 2001, that's six years now. Me, I think this was my third, maybe fourth time. But I'm going to try harder now.

In addition, the monthly community meeting for worship at the San Francisco Friends School has been moved around the corner to the Eureka Valley Rec Center. Still first Wednesday of every month, now at 10:10 am. I'm looking forward to next year when they'll have a bigger, dedicated space for meeting for worship in the new school building.

Labels: , ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

5 Comments:

Blogger Rich in Brooklyn said...

Great picture!

I'm glad I looked at it on your blog, where I can see that the person "on the right" really is you. When this post with a larger version of the photo arrived in my in-box, the person "on the right" appeared to exhibit male-pattern baldness not unlike my own, and I found it a tad surprising that this was Robin M!! It was an impressive photo, though, in that there were so many Friends participating.
- - Rich Accetta-Evans (Brooklyn Quaker)

10/03/2007 1:16 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Thanks, Rich. I wonder what the first photo was of. Or who. The vigil is impressive though. The Buddhist Peace Fellowship and the Episcopal Peace Fellowship have also been long time participants, and sometimes outnumber the Quakers.

10/03/2007 6:49 PM  
Blogger Rich in Brooklyn said...

I now realize that the photo I looked at was not one actually in your post, but one that was linked-to by your post. It's this one. When your post arrived via email with the graphics stripped from it by my email package, I thought that "this is a picture of me" must refer to the link that immediately followed it.

There seem to be lots of ways that information can get scrambled in transmission from brain to brain or computer to computer.
- - Rich

10/04/2007 1:14 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Oh yes. Now I see how that could be a problem. The man in the photo also appears to be about a foot taller than me, and at least a decade, maybe two, older than me.

I'm off again to the vigil today!

10/04/2007 2:02 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Good for you, Robin. I think it is great you went to the vigil. Thanks to all of you who go. I still have yet to make it to some kind of protest or stand against this war, and I am really against it! I know there are others like me, and we need to get out there and make our presence known.

10/06/2007 11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home