1.13.2008

Another pie crust recipe

A poetic one.

Making Pie Crust by singer/songwriter/Quaker Carrie Newcomer.

I heard one of her new songs on the "America's Back 40" radio show this afternoon on my way home from the Ben Lomond Quaker Center annual Board retreat. "There Is A Tree" If you go to her website, it's on the playlist that starts up right away.

She's coming to the Freight and Salvage in Berkeley, CA on March 30. Chris M. and I are planning to go. Want to join us?

[Update: if you were really looking for a pie crust recipe, click here.]

Labels: , ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

Blogger cubbie said...

unrelated, but i'm at work and can't find the specific entry, but have you talked to lauren? she's a new young adult who did an internship with sojourners (which spanned over sept. 11, 2001-- which sounds like an interesting time to have been with them).

i also meant to say that there was a recent-ish article about hillary clinton and religion and her part in the sojourners and i have to say it sort of scares me-- politics plus religion might work except for that whole power hungry thing. i'd like to have a real life conversation about this someday.

1/14/2008 2:20 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Hi cubbie, the post I wrote about Sojourners was called "Call to Conversion." And yes, I've talked to Lauren, well sort of. We started talking about it, and then I invited her out to coffee to hear more about it and it ended up that I talked way too much. Ahem. I'm a little embarrassed. But I'd love to have another conversation - maybe if there were more folks involved, like you for example, someone would tell me to shut up sooner so we could actually hear her talk. So let's do it.

1/14/2008 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home