4.27.2008

Sacred Compass 6: God Says Yes to Me?

This is part 6 of the “interview” I conducted with J. Brent Bill, author of Sacred Compass: The Way of Spiritual Discernment.

I have listed the question, as I sent it to him, in italics with an R. Then I have given his answer, marked with a B, and then my reply marked with an R but not in italics. Brent hasn’t seen this third part yet, but I hope to open up the conversation to you, my dear blog reader, to be part of this dialogue too. I can not promise that Brent Bill himself will answer your questions here – or even read them here – but I will try to continue the discussion if you’re interested.

As a final point to this introduction, I want to be clear that I’ve already read the whole book and I really liked it. I’ve already started recommending it to people in San Francisco. I commend it to your attention.

R: Where/when did you first encounter the Kaylin Haught poem?

B: I honestly don't remember. I keep a folder full of poems that catch my imagination. I admire folks who can put together poetry -- I'm not one of them. And so when I read or hear poems, I seek them out and store them away. Then, when I'm writing, I pull out my file and look for things that fit the topic I'm working on. Kaylin's poem was one that I have long enjoyed -- and this seemed the perfect book for it. I was delighted when she gave me permission to use it.

R: I first read this poem "God Says Yes to Me" on Kristin Noelle’s old blog. I even linked to it then, even though I seldom re-post what other people have written. But it’s just that good.

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home