7.11.2008

Home - Just Barely

We got home around 3 am this morning, after five hours in the Las Vegas airport.

I don't remember the last time I was away from home for so long - two weeks, almost exactly.

When we got in, I couldn't remember where we keep the trash bags.

Somewhat later this morning, when I woke up, my husband said he was going to the grocery store and I drew a blank. What grocery store? Where is that? Umm, it's the really big building across the street.

My plants all survived. A friend watered them, at least once while we were gone. Unfortunately, she didn't throw away the nectarine that was rotting on the same table. It was still sitting there when we came home. (See above search for garbage bags.) Along with my notebook in which I had written my final to do list. I meant to bring it with me, but apparently I didn't write "put notebook in backpack" on the list.

I'll have more time for writing on Monday.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

Your garbage bag thing made me laugh. I've been home since late Sunday night and I'm only now feeling like I'm home (and I still have laundry in the washer).

Looking forward to reading more about your experience at Gathering.

7/12/2008 1:53 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

At least our laundry is caught up already, even if my brain isn't.

Around here, we do laundry early and often.

It was wonderful to see you again!

7/13/2008 12:48 AM  
Blogger Liz Opp said...

The thing that made me chuckle was the part about not having written on the To Do list "put notebook in backpack."

In my own case, I have had for a number of years the practice of writing on my list of things to pack, "This list."

Seriously.

Blessings,
Liz Opp, The Good Raised Up

7/16/2008 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home