6.17.2008

Tears of Joy

I’m trying to look at all the photos on the SFGate Wedding Album. All the couples, old and young, formal and casual, scared and ecstatic, male, and female. But my eyes are all blurry.

I’m pleased that our meeting still had the banner that says “Congratulations Newlyweds” that we hung for a while in 2004 when our city was previously celebrating all marriages equally. Apparently someone knew where to find it and volunteers were quickly found to rehang it this week.

I have this nudge (that I’m ignoring) to make copies of the queries for marriage clearness from Pacific YM’s Faith and Practice or Philadelphia YM’s Family Relations Committee and hand them out for free in front of city hall with a sign saying DIY Marriage Counseling. If anyone asked, I’d say “It’s definitely worth what you pay for it. Otherwise, you’ll get out of it what you put into it.”

Labels: , ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz Opp said...

Thank you so much for posting this website, Robin. I hadn't even thought to look for photos... and I love the idea of the banner at the meetinghouse.

Blessings,
Liz Opp, The Good Raised Up

6/19/2008 12:10 AM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

You can't pick up a newspaper here, even the small local weeklies, without seeing photos. Everybody loves wedding pictures, I guess.

I'll try to take a picture of our banner when I'm downtown tomorrow!

6/19/2008 12:48 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

So did you? Go town to City Hall with the queries?

7/14/2008 2:46 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

No, I didn't make the copies or anything like that. It was just a nudge. But I did take a picture of our meeting's banner. I will try to post it here this week.

I also heard that the Meeting's booth at the Pride Festival a couple of weeks ago (while we were in Johnstown) was very well received.

7/14/2008 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home