8.08.2008

Friday morning update

It’s cool and damp and dreary here this week. Which is better for me than hot and damp and dreary, but I’m hoping to see the sun again this weekend. I’m not sure how far I’ll have to go. Every day it seems like the fog has burned off just at the edge of the horizon, but it’s hard to tell.

I finished reading The Tangible Kingdom yesterday but the review will take a few more days to write. (Hint: I am inspired by it but I hesitate to recommend it to everyone.)

One more week of summer camp for my kids means one more week to get things done, then I have three weeks!!! of full time, hands on child raising before they go back to school. I took a hard hat tour of their new school building yesterday, and they say it will be ready on time, but there is still a lot of work to do. I don’t envy the librarian.

News has been slowly leaking out, but I want to tell you all that next month I will start a new full time job as the Development Director for the California Child Care Resource & Referral Network. It will be a big change for me and my family. I feel both relieved and a little scared about the transition.

I expect to keep writing this blog, but to travel less in the ministry in the coming year. And don’t ask me to serve on any more committees. I am rapidly divesting myself of most of the volunteer projects I have taken on over the last couple of years. If you’re interested in editing the newsletter for SF Meeting, let me know.

Last, I am closely watching the statistics for my blog because I expect the 50,000th visitor to arrive in a week or two. There’s no prize in the offing, just a blogpost. I’m succumbing to pride.

Labels: , ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

Blogger Martin Kelley said...

Should I hit refresh a lot next week? It's kind of cool that Blogger gives you those numbers. I have no idea of total numbers since my blog started.

Looking forward to the book review and also to seeing how you juggle everything. It's always good to have a model of someone trying to do it all!

8/08/2008 3:03 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Thanks, Martin. It's actually SiteMeter.com that provides my statistics. I don't think they count every time someone hits refresh, but I really don't know.

And I am trying NOT to do it all. I am clearer and clearer that the next year is going to be about living as a Friend in the secular world, not about being an uber-Quaker, as they say.

8/08/2008 3:36 PM  
Blogger Imperfect Serenity said...

Best wishes for the transition, Robin. We just ended camp, too, so I am beginning my three weeks of mom-around-the-clock. And no, I'm quite sure God does not expect us to do it all!

8/09/2008 4:56 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Thanks, Eileen. I consider myself fortunate that I was able to push my start date at my new job back until the week after my kids start school.

I think we're going to go to my parent's house & orchard for one of our weeks, and then be home and getting on each other's nerves just long enough so that we'll all be happy when school starts.

8/09/2008 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home