3.22.2009

Last post from Canby

This is a short report, because I have to get on the shuttle to the airport in about 15 minutes. And I'm pretty tired by now.

This morning, I was asked to lead worship in the unprogrammed tradition and to find some other young Friends to do it with me. I am grateful to Mari Ruth and Owen who agreed to join me to hold the meeting in prayer. In the manner of San Francisco Monthly Meeting, I read from the Advices and Queries of Pacific Yearly Meeting on Meeting for Worship. I read it in English and Mari Ruth read it in Spanish. Several Friends asked me later where I got that. So if you're reading this, now you have the link.

Last night was a session on the history and present spiritual condition of Friends in the Pacific Northwest. It was a good session, which ended with singing Lisa Hubbell's song Rooted and Grounded in Love. I bought a copy of the new Faith and Practice of Freedom Friends Church, but I haven't read it yet.

I attended an interest group about involving younger Friends in FWCC and afterwards joined a multigenerational group singing in the parlor.

I've had a wonderful time. I'm looking forward to next year's sessions in Baltimore Yearly Meeting.

Labels:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home