4.22.2009

More news

One past and one future:

The theme of the current issue of Quaker Life magazine is Friends and their Pastors. I'm proud to report that a review I wrote of Self Supporting Ministers: Lest We Forget by Billy M. Britt has been published in this issue. I have a longer post to come about the same topic, but just thought I'd encourage folks from all branches of Friends to read this issue of Quaker Life. It's really interesting to see a variety of perspectives on the role(s) of pastors among Friends.

Next week is Fair Pay Day, Tuesday, April 28, which symbolizes the day in 2009 when the average woman's wages will finally catch up with those paid to the average man in 2008. Which is kind of mind-blowing in itself.

The National Women's Law Center is organizing a synchroblog/twitterevent. If you want to join me in blogging about fair pay for women (and everyone), the sign-up form, is here: http://action.nwlc.org/blogforfairpay If you write about it on Twitter, the hashtag is #fairpay.

Labels: , , ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

Blogger Tallis Grayson said...

Robin,

Thank you for your work. I very much enjoy reading your blog.

4/23/2009 9:45 AM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Thanks, Tallis. I'm curious - how did you find my blog?

4/23/2009 10:50 AM  
Blogger Martin Kelley said...

I hope you do post about it more. I don't have the extra income to subscribe to all the Quaker magazines and don't run into them on my rounds very much.

(I wonder how long it will take these Quaker magazines to go online with free access. I realize it involves a change of business model and all, but change already. Everyone's all subsidized already so why are we subsidizing dead trees?)

4/28/2009 1:37 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Martin, I still have my post three-quarters finished, but I need to carve out more writing time. It's hard to come by these days. But soon, I hope.

5/26/2009 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home