7.13.2006

Dropping names

This is the list of bloggers I met in person in the last two weeks. Read 'em and weep:

Aj Schwanz*
Art, Life and the Universe by Alivia Biko*
Boundless Stores of Grace by Linda
Can you believe? by Johan Maurer*
Christian Alternative by Max Hansen
Confessions of an Earthquaker by Carl Magruder
Dan McCracken*
Delonna*
The Good Raised Up by Liz Opp*
Gregg’s Gambles by Gregg Koskela*
Homefries by Kenneth Sutton*
Leaves of Grass by Mitchell Santine Gould*
Life 103 by Kathy*
Marta's Musings by Marta*
One Quaker Take by Timothy Travis*
The New Young Elder by Rebecca Sullivan
Quaker Ranter by Martin Kelley
Reaching for the Light by Pam aka Earthfreak*
Redwood Dragon by Dave Trowbridge
Showers of Blessings by Paul L.*
A Silly Poor Gospel by Peggy Senger Parsons
Tables, Chairs and Oaken Chests by Chris Mohr
Unwavering Bands of Light by Kody Gabriel*

* means for the first time!

P.S. I will probably keep adding to this as I remember more of the Gathering...

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

8 Comments:

Blogger Martin Kelley said...

Pretty cool. Your sidetrip after the Gathering definitely put you & Chris over the top in terms of bloggers met!

7/13/2006 12:47 AM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

I wonder if this will become like birdwatchers's lifetime lists. I'll try not to be too puffed up about it.

7/13/2006 12:55 AM  
Blogger Liz Opp said...

I wonder if this will become like birdwatchers's lifetime lists. I'll try not to be too puffed up about it.

LOL

Blessings,
Liz, The Good Raised Up

7/13/2006 9:47 AM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

The problem, Chris, is that I'm not sure you would find as many Quaker bloggers in the whole state of Ohio as in the town of Newberg, Oregon.

Newberg and Minneapolis/St. Paul in Minnesota are definitely the most happening places in the Quaker blogosphere.

I'm looking forward to adding you to my list, so to speak, next month.

I wonder if it is just a coincidence that the FGC Gathering this year was in Tacoma, Washington and next year in River Falls, Wisconsin - VERY CLOSE to the epicenters of Quaker blogging...

The Lord works in mysterious ways.

7/13/2006 1:28 PM  
Blogger Liz Opp said...

Robin, you make this comment:

Newberg and Minneapolis/St. Paul in Minnesota are definitely the most happening places in the Quaker blogosphere.

So does this mean that the 2007 Gathering in River Falls, Wisconsin--just an hour outside of the Twin Cities--can lure you and your family to attend next summer?! Big smile.

Blessings,
Liz, The Good Raised Up

7/14/2006 5:36 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

I almost forgot to add
Jason Schwanz and Steve Watson who we also met in Newberg.

7/17/2006 2:26 AM  
Blogger Martin Kelley said...

It is interesting to note the geographic distribution of folks. I was surprised that when I looked around the room at the events I felt most excited by at the FGC Gathering there was no one or only one or two people from Philadelphia YM (by far FGC's biggest yearly meeting) and off the top of my head I can only think of one other active PYM/Original blogger (Kirk Wattles).

Also FUM Friends seem much less active than their comparative numbers should indicate. I don't think this is just a result of who I notice, though that might contribute to my perception.

7/17/2006 5:20 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

And it has been pointed out by others that there aren't as many Quaker bloggers from outside North America as might be expected, given the relative number of Quakers around the world.

7/17/2006 5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home