5.09.2008

No rest for the weary

This weekend, I have a Quaker Center Board meeting to clerk, a nominations report to prepare, and a 10th birthday party to bake for. And it's my mother's birthday and then it's business meeting and mother's day and then the ten year old's actual birthday. And I'm in the middle of writing a book review, and a whole backlog of blog posts and magazine submissions half done or still floating in my head, which are going to drive me crazy until I get them down on paper. And next week is the first local evening workshop which is serving as a trial run for part of my FGC workshop this summer. No wonder my housekeeping is veering into the disaster zone.

Feel free to vent here too about your crazy to-do list.

Labels: , ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris M. said...

Are you serious? Okay, try this:

- Run said birthday party for said 10 Year Old in your absence.
- Draft agenda for business meeting.
- Clerk business meeting.
- Host 200 guests for lunch with the state housing director on Tuesday.
- Host 30-50 people for a smaller discussion on state revenue for affordable housing with said housing director, later that afternoon.
- Decide yet later on Tuesday between going to the joint city council/planning commission study session where they'll be considering the housing policies from the Technical Advisory Committee that I served on for the last 12 months or so, OR going to your workshop at the meetinghouse.
- Hope more than 20 people come to our advocacy training on Wednesday evening.
- Speak at a groundbreaking for a new affordable-home development on Thursday.
- Hope more than a dozen people come to our foreclosure prevention seminar on Thursday evening.
- Host 70 or so elected officials, planning commissioners, city staff, nonprofits, and businesspeople for a housing policy breakfast on Friday.
- Try to spend as much time as I can with you and my children in between everything else.
- Go to Quarterly Meeting. Enjoy not having formal responsibilities!

-- Chris M.

5/09/2008 10:19 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Yeah, I'm serious! By the way, I'm hoping to get around to more of the housekeeping next week so that our homelife will feel calmer. I love you!

5/09/2008 10:50 PM  
Blogger Liz Opp said...

Hmmm...

Why don't I see "Worship" listed in the activities...? (wink)

Blessings,
Liz Opp, The Good Raised Up

5/10/2008 11:44 AM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Well, maybe because we just take worship for granted, it doesn't feel like one more thing on the agenda, it feels like a respite...

5/10/2008 10:25 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Wow, I don't know if I feel tired from reading all that, or relieved that MY to-do list seems a little less daunting in comparison. May you find an oasis of calm in all the busyness.

5/11/2008 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home