5.05.2008

Monday morning update: May 5, 2008

I’m home. For a while anyway. No more airplanes for at least a couple of months. Which is good because my bouts of vertigo after airplane flights are getting worse – I’m still dizzy this morning and I’ve been on the ground since Saturday night. I enjoy flying, but my body wasn’t meant to travel so many vertical feet in one day, much less six flights, twelve ups and downs in the last ten days...

My travels across the US and through several Quaker circles have been rich and blessed. I’m trying to make time to write more about the sights and insights I’ve encountered over the last month. Quick, while my kids are still in school.

Oh yeah. We’re moving into the last month of the school year. It’s been a good year for both my kids, kindergarten and fourth grade.

Next week is Affordable Housing Week in San Mateo County. A major project of the Housing Leadership Council of San Mateo County – and my beloved Chris M.

My 98 year old grandmother is dying. She’s been in and out of the hospital in the last month, and will probably not live more than another month. It’s not completely unexpected but it’s still hard on my family, especially my mother.

I finished the 40 day Experiment in Truth with Re-Imagine. I plan to write more about that here soon. It was a great exercise but not the right time in my life to really do it properly.

I’m looking for paid work. I just found out that I didn’t get a job I’ve felt called to for the last ten months, so I am back to the drawing board. At least I have an up-to-date resume and I’ve done a lot of personal inventory work – professional and spiritual – in the last few months. My work experience is in program management and fund raising, in religious, educational, and social services. I’m open to suggestions…

I'm working on having faith that if I keep my eyes on the path of following Jesus through this world that the next steps will become clearer.

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home