2.13.2007

Nine o'clock and all is well

Yesterday was my birthday. I am now thirty-nine years old. Old enough to realize that not doing any dishes or laundry on my birthday just means there's more to do the next day.

But we went out for Thai food at our favorite little neighborhood spot and my cousin sent me some hand-knitted socks, very handy for my upcoming trip to Providence and Boston, and my grandma sent her usual generous check and Chris gave me my very own copy of How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb to keep instead of the library copy I've just about worn out. Thank you family!

Then, after the boys were in bed, Chris and I had some time to talk about the ministry that is emerging for me and how I feel called to pursue it in the coming year. As part of that process, I'm writing a lot this week for an offline project. One of the tasks is to define, in 250 words or less, my "commitment to the Quaker faith and values as you understand them." I'm going to publish it as a separate post, and I invite you to comment, edit, or add your own statement or reflections.

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated day of birth to you! Excellent present to commemorate the day, I might add: kudos to the Hubby.

2/13/2007 2:58 PM  
Blogger Liz Opp said...

Happy 39th, Robin. Glad to know that your feet will be properly cared for during the upcoming trip! It's been a delight to spend time with you in recent months--online, on the phone, and in person. I'm expecting that our conversations will carry over into your 40th, 41st, and future years, too!

Blessings,
Liz Opp, The Good Raised Up

2/13/2007 4:19 PM  
Blogger Liz in the Mist said...

Happy belated bday!!

2/13/2007 6:16 PM  
Blogger Gregg Koskela said...

No way!!! Elaine turns 39 today!!

Happy birthday to you, and thank you for the gift of your friendship.

2/13/2007 7:15 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Yeah, Aj, I think I'll keep him.

Thanks Liz and Liz for the birthday wishes.

I bought some new long underwear and a hat for my trip too. It's been a while since I lived in the snow, I'm out of practice.

2/13/2007 7:19 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Hey Gregg, maybe this whole postmodern thing really is the dawning of the age of Aquarius.

Next year, I'm holding out for a trip to somewhere warm for my 40th!

2/13/2007 7:22 PM  
Blogger kathy said...

Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Robin. Happy birthday to you!

Somewhere warm on your 40th is a must - by then rheumatism will have set in and you'll really appreciate it. ;)

2/13/2007 9:21 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Oh great. Thank you Kathy for the song ... and the reminder that I think my mother got bursitis for her 40th birthday.

2/13/2007 10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday!!!h

on special occasions, i always stubbornly insist that the cats do my chores. so far they haven't listened. *sigh*

2/14/2007 12:46 AM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Cubbie, if you find a technique that works on your cats, maybe you could come over and use it on my kids??? Only 363 days until my next birthday, but I'm sure you'll figure it out by then.

Happy Valentine's Day everybody.

2/14/2007 10:48 AM  
Blogger Mark Wutka said...

Happy belated Birthday, Robin! And don't worry, the first 39th birthday is the worst.

2/15/2007 10:01 AM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Mark, 39 seems like such an inbetween age. I'm actually looking forward to 40. It sounds so grown up.

2/15/2007 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home