3.11.2007

Managing Expectations

Managing my expectations is not something I’m good at. I have to work really consciously at it.

I have to work at experiencing events as they come – open to the good, with compassion for the poorly done elements of any event. To not feel disappointed that something was merely good, instead of life-shaking. To not be a spiritual glutton.

This year will be full of this spiritual discipline. As I encounter experiences, events, conversations that are similar to things that happened last year, I have to try not to compare them too closely.

QHD was one example. FGC will be another. Fortunately, FWCC will be a completely new experience this year.

I’m really not looking forward to the first convergent dinner party that goes badly. I just have to stay aware that it could happen. It will happen one day if we keep this up.

Thy will be done, Lord.

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz Opp said...

Just so you know, I have similar difficulty with expectations.

Guess that means you and I will get lots of practice to manage our expectations over the next few months! smile

Blessings,
Liz Opp, The Good Raised Up

3/12/2007 5:37 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Thanks for the compassion, Liz.

3/13/2007 2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home