10.13.2009

A good enough reason to pray

My Friend Brent Bill has a series going on his blog that he calls, "Quaker Wisdom for Today"

I commend it to you on a regular basis. But last Friday's quote was just so good that I want to copy it here to remind myself.

“A feeling of real need is always a good enough reason to pray.”

-Hannah Whitall Smith


For more on Smith, I commend to you my series of posts related to her book, The Christian's Secret to a Happy Life.

Labels: , ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris M. said...

Thanks! I almost did something with Brent's quote from yesterday:

Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Quaker Wisdom for Today

"It is time that Christians were judged more by their likeness to Christ than their notions of Christ. Were this sentiment generally admitted we should not see such tenacious adherence to what men deem the opinions and doctrines of Christ while at the same time in every day practise is exhibited anything but a likeness to Christ."

-- Lucretia Mott

10/14/2009 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home