8.23.2009

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Worship 2009

For the third year in a row, there will be a Quaker meeting for worship on the grounds of the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival.
(First year report) (Second year report) (Original inspiration)

October 4, 2009 at 10:00 am.

I'll get there early with my blanket and save some seats - if you bring your blankets, we can share.

I'm especially looking forward to these fine musicians:
Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder

John Prine

The Del McCoury Band

The Flatlanders featuring: Joe Ely, Jimmie Dale Gilmore & Butch Hancock

Buddy Miller

The Chieftains

Doc Watson & David Holt

Boz Scaggs and the Blue Velvet Band

Emmylou Harris

The Claire Lynch Band

Laurie Lewis & the Right Hands

Lyle Lovett & His Large Band

Ralph Stanley & the Clinch Mountain Boys


among many more fine acts over three days. The exact schedule has not been announced yet, but more information is available at www.strictlybluegrass.com. The concert is free and open to the public - thousands of people will be there. For more exact details on where the meeting for worship will be, bookmark this post and check back in the comments.

Come early on Sunday for worship and be doubly rewarded with great seats for the rest of the day!

Labels: , , ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Lisa H said...

The link should be http://www.strictlybluegrass.com/

And I'm looking forward to seeing Quakers there as much as any of the acts. Dar Williams, Neko Case, Marianne Faithfull, Jorma Kaukonen, Little Feat, Natalie MacMaster, Billy Bragg, Lyle Lovett... MC Hammer??

8/23/2009 7:18 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Thanks, Lisa. I think I made the same mistake last year. It's fixed now. I'm hoping to see you there again!

8/23/2009 7:23 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Look for us on the hillside to the left of the Banjo stage, basically where we were last year. If you're there at 10, it shouldn't be hard to find us. The last couple of years I promised to wear my dark blue SF Friends School sweatshirt, but then it was too warm to wear it. If that's the case, I'll lay it out next to me. And I'll bring the flyers I made a couple of years ago to hand out to anyone who's new to Quaker worship.

9/28/2009 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home