6.18.2009

Summertime

It's here. How can I tell? The fog is in and the kids are out. Which is why I've been dreading this week for months. But next week I begin a new commuting pattern, with more time to read on the way to and from work, and so I expect to have more time to write in the evenings after the kids are in bed.

This week marks nine months in my new job. I still like it and they still like me, but there's been a lot of adjustments in my life this year. Mostly painless, but change is hard, even when it's positive.

I think I need to set new goals for myself, just to help me sort through what are my priorities as I go along. My spiritual life seems to have taken a back seat to my family responsibilities in recent months. I don't know how much longer that will be true, but it feels rightly ordered for now.

However, one of the signs of disorder in my inner life is that my physical space becomes cluttered. The living space I share with others is doing all right, and my desk at work looks fine, but my desk and files at home, where I keep the paraphernalia of my ministry, is reaching the tipping point. Figuratively and literally. So I see that there is work to be done here, probably when it seems most inconvenient, but all in good time.

Happy summer to all of you!

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin M. said...

I followed this post by proceeding to read Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy, which was amazing and deserves its own post.

My new car-free commute is a pleasure.

And I'm almost caught up with my other responsibilities enough to write more regularly. Tonight, I found I could hear myself think. Which is the first step in writing for me.

6/25/2009 1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home