3.14.2007

Reclaiming the Power of Primitive Quakerism in a Postmodern World

A big title for a short post. I don't have much time tonight, the shuttle is coming to take me to the airport at 4:00 in the morning. This time tomorrow I'll be in Providence, Rhode Island, at the Annual Meeting of the Friends World Committee for Consultation Section of the Americas. I am bouncing between so excited I can't stand it and so scared I can't breathe. Please hold me and all concerned in the Light.

Here is the handout for the workshop on convergent Friends at the FWCC annual meeting:
Convergent Friends: Reclaiming the Power of Primitive Quakerism in a Postmodern World.

It was written by the four of us leading the workshop: C. Wess Daniels, Shawna Roberts and David Male. It was formatted and made so sharp looking by Wess, of course.

My blogging will be sporadic at best over the next five days or six days, but probably prolific after that!

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

3 Comments:

Blogger kathy said...

Robin (and all), that handout is SWEET. We talked briefly about Convergent Friends in my last seminary class (Quaker History & Polity) and people's reactions are so interesting. I'll be very interested in how your workshop goes and what the response is. In the interim, have a great time!

3/18/2007 9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin,

It seemed to me to be a dear fellowship and a good conversation yesterday (3/17) at the FWCC Convergent Friends program.

I especially appreciated your patient encouragement for people to understand that the blogs are a tool, that spending time together face to face is the best way to continue the conversation.

From the number of Friends who spoke with me about it, the subject resonates in a good way with several who were at the meeting.

I couldn't stay away from home longer , so I'll miss the Weed Lecture and dinner in Boston. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

I am grateful the Lord is drawing us toward one another, that Friends are finding the courage to speak clearly about their experience and perspectives.

There was a time I would be telling myself, "too bad I don't travel out that way . . . " But in the last year or so, the Lord has bumped me out of my planned paths, and I have been to Seattle, Juneau, and now Providence. So perhaps there will be opportunity for more of that face to face time.

Shalom,

Raye

3/18/2007 2:21 PM  
Blogger quakerboy said...

Thanks for the handout, Robin! I am printing a few right now to give away at Friendship Meeting this Firstday.

Awesome job Friend!

-Craig

3/22/2007 3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home