7.18.2008

What I'm Reading Now - Seventh Month 2008

One of the things that was waiting for me when I got home was a package. And not just any package, but my first shipment of free books, courtesy of The Ooze Select Blogger Book Reviewers Program. (or something like that)

Basically, I got an email inviting me to join this project. They send me a few books every other month and I agree to read (most of) them and write about them on my blog. “What a deal!” I thought, “Is this for real?” A few investigative emails later, I decided to go for it. After all, wasn’t I just a few months ago looking for ways to make enough money from my blog to buy books? Yeah, well, that didn’t really work out, but this did.

So the first shipment included the following titles:
Rapture Ready by Daniel Radosh
Oh Shit! It’s Jesus! by Steve Hughes
The New Conspirators by Tom Sine
The Tangible Kingdom by Hugh Halter and Matt Smay

Which all sound potentially interesting. I’ll let you know more as I finish them. I’m already in the middle of Rapture Ready. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, I’m also in the middle of
Emerging Churches by Eddie Gibbs and Ryan Bolger
Soul Graffiti by Mark Scandrette
The Eternal Promise by Thomas Kelly

It is a very good month!

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

Blogger kevin roberts said...

Do this "Rapture" one first, Robin. As far I can tell, the whole rapture idea (with a few exceptions) arrived in Christianity no earlier than the 19th century.

I hear people talk about it as if they read it in The Anti-Nicene Fathers.

7/19/2008 9:59 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Hey Kevin - you got it. The book backs you up. And it's funny.

7/20/2008 12:27 AM  
Blogger Ariah said...

I've added you to the Ooze Blogger list. Hope that's okay.

http://blog.iamnotashamed.net/2008/07/07/the-ooze-select-blogger-list/

7/20/2008 8:20 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Bfine, it's okay with me. It's good to know who some of the others are. I think that Adam Walker-Cleaveland at PoMoMusings is also one.

7/20/2008 11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home