8.24.2008

50,000 Visits

This month marks the third anniversary of What Canst Thou Say?

Today was the day of the 50,000th visit to this blog. Someone from Tampa who was googling handkerchiefs crochet cotton. I wonder if my post was at all what they were really looking for.

I know that this number doesn't mean that 50,000 people have read my blog. It includes all the times I visit my blog, for example. But I know that it's not all me. The highest number of visits I've ever had in one day was 140 and the lowest in the last year (on the 4th of July) was 25. The average over the last year is about 70.

I have written 378 posts over these three years. Here is the first post I wrote.

The post that has had the most comments is my definition of convergent Friends, with 36 so far. Next is my announcement of Two Convergent Events in California, which ended up attracting a much richer comment stream than the content of the post really deserved. After that is my original post about the Window Signs at SF Meeting and then a very early post about the Jubilee concept at PYM.

I have very much enjoyed writing this blog. I have made some wonderful new friends; I have been deeply spiritually enriched, and I am a much better writer than I was three years ago. Not bad for a free online service.

I look forward to another 50,000 visits.

Come back often!

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

5 Comments:

Blogger Gil S said...

Congratulations Robin! I'm sure I shall keep enjoying and being challenged by your blog. Thanks too for introducing me to Bloglines - I'm on 55 feeds at the moment and counting! Seriously though I am on the lookout for more British Quaker blogs. I see Quakerquaker has picked up Jeremiah's Fire in the Bones but what about Heather's Still Life? and Sheffield Quakers too. But perhaps as he commented on your first post Martin really does know all already.
Again, many thanks

8/24/2008 8:28 AM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Thanks, Gil. I'm glad to hear you're looking out for more British blogs. I have seen the Sheffield Quakers from time to time, but I don't think I've read Still Life. But maybe you could write a post linking to all the ones you find!

8/24/2008 10:07 PM  
Blogger naturalmom said...

Congratulations! I read this earlier today (that's two visits from me today :o), and it inspired me to get a site meter on my blog. I'd been wanting to for some time, but didn't know where to start. I clicked through yours and got one up of my own. (It was easy.) It's SO fascinating! Thanks for providing the spur that it took to get me to do it.

Stephanie

8/24/2008 10:25 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Stephanie, that's exactly how I did it. I think it was Liz Opp's blog that I started from.

8/24/2008 10:51 PM  
Blogger Gil S said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I've just posted a list of British Quaker blogs

8/26/2008 7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home