3.29.2008

Is this what God made me for?

So this week was bad for blogging. You may have noticed that.

It was good for:
  • being costume mistress of a very ambitious 4th grade play about California 19th century history
  • reconnecting with a bunch of college friends through LinkedIn
  • rewriting my application for a big new job
  • preparing to go to the FWCC meeting and convergent Friends dinner in Indiana next week
  • beginning a 40 day experiment in spiritual discernment and discipline with ReImagine - the local emerging church group
One of my 40 day commitments-to-my-spiritual-growth is to be more consistent about my sleep habits, so I've been going to bed earlier instead of staying up writing. It's been good for me, in several ways.

Good night and God bless.

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris M. said...

Good night!

3/29/2008 1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get to costume the Donner Party? I love telling my east-coast friends about 9-year-olds learning about cannibalism.

3/29/2008 10:46 AM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

No, we didn't do the Donner party, but the play was called "Hangtown" - the early name for Placerville, the main set is the El Dorado Saloon, with a side story in Fort Ross, and the cast featured Lola Montez, former mistress of the king of Bavaria, and a, ahem, female entrepreneur. "Whatever Lola wants, Lola gets." All real places and people in real California history.

In a one hour musical, we got sex, alcohol, violence, and death. What more do you want in a fourth grade play? In a Quaker school, no less.

I didn't write the play - I'm just in charge of boots and flannel shirts.

3/29/2008 12:16 PM  
Blogger kathy said...

It sounds like you're livin' the good life. :) Life is full of irony but a Quaker elementary school doing a play like this has got to be one of the best cases.

I hope you'll blog more about ReImagine as you move through the experiment. It sounds interesting to me.

3/30/2008 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home