3.25.2008

Sunburned in March

I love living in the Bay Area.

This was our first weekend of the year with really beautiful weather.
(Blogger wouldn't let me upload the pictures I took of my kids making sandcastles on the beach by the Golden Gate Bridge. I'll try again later.)

I counted 25 species of wildflowers in bloom on Saturday afternoon at Milagra Ridge. I don't know all their names, but there were at least three different colors of lupines. And there were more plants that are about to bloom, but I didn't count this week.

And Sunday afternoon, we went to the Civic Center Playground after Meeting. My older son and I went to the opening of this playground, when he was still an infant in a stroller. It was built to make up for the new state office building casting a shadow on the existing playground.

Today, it's only going to be in the 60 degree range. But it's still beautiful.

Labels: ,

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eat my heart out! I only dream of 60 deg. days, I'm afraid they are still a ways off. Here in Wisconsin the snow is starting to retreat and black dirt or green grass is showing through.
Today is a beautiful day, the sun is shining and it's above freezing (34) but the wind must be almost gusting to 34, so it's not pleasant to be outside for long. They are also calling for more snow tomorrow and freezing rain, I will sure be glad to see this winter over.

Hope is in the air.

Peace

GMC

3/25/2008 3:08 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Yikes. I guess I need to start looking at the weather reports for Indiana before I go next week. I was hoping not to have to pack the long underwear I bought last year for my March trip to Boston, but I will if it's in the 30's.

3/25/2008 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home